What is it about a steak sandwich that we just can't help but crave?
Is it the contrast between the crunchy bread and the tender steak? Or is it the simple fact that we just enjoy another way to savour one of our favorite choice cuts of protein?
Whatever your reason Chef Whittaker has done his own spin on what a steak sandwich should be like and in his eyes it's done with bison steak, Sriracha Mayo, and blue cheese.
We think it's pretty easy to see why a steak sandwich recipe should be done his way.
2 x bison choice steaks
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground fennel
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 garlic clove minced
2 tbsp olive oil
4 halves Ciabatta bread
2 tbsp butter
4 tbsp blue cheese
1 each roasted peppers (red and yellow)(cut into strips after)
2 cups of arugula
1 tbsp balsamic syrup
Ingredients For the Sriracha Mayo:
1 tbsp sriracha
¼ cup Mayonaise
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic (minced)
Preheat grill to 500°F
- Mix black pepper, fennel, salt, and paprika together and season steaks liberally.
- Mix garlic and olive oil together and rub into seasoned steaks.
- Place steaks on clean grill and cook for 2 minutes and quarter turn the steak. Cook for another 2 minutes and flip. *Once you start to see a small amount of blood in the creases of the steak, remove to rest.
- Butter the ciabatta bread and place butter side up for 30 seconds and flip for another 30 seconds on the grill.
- Spread the Sriracha mayo on the toasted bun and place the roasted peppers evenly across the bun.
- Slice your steak thinly across the grain and place on top of the peppers.
- Garnish with the arugula and drizzle balsamic syrup over top.
- Sprinkle the blue cheese evenly over the 4 sandwiches.
Don't forget to share this recipe with your friends and family.
- The TVBCo Family
with our Cooking with Bison cookbook!