As we find ourselves waking up to more and more frost on the ground it’s hard not to feel the chill of fall when compared to the recent warmth of summer.
In order to keep your family toasty in the frigid evenings try making Chef Whittaker's Homestyle Meatloaf recipe with bison! This modern spin on an old family classic is sure to feed 4-6 people.
Like we always mention, even though this is a bison recipe we do encourage the use of beef if this is better suited for your household. In the end you’ll still be creating a delicious home cooked meal.
1 lb ground bison
¼ pound ground heritage pork
3 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 egg, beaten
1/4 medium sweet onion, finely minced
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
1 tsp Worcestershire
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/8 cup parsley, chopped
¾ cup chunky tomato sauce
¼ cup organic ketchup
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. (Using your hands works best)
- In a heavy pan, grease with butter or lard and push meat mixture evenly into pan.
- Bake for approx. three quarters of an hour
- Mix tomato sauce and ketchup together.
- Pour evenly over top of meatloaf.
- Bake for another ½ hour or until internal temperature reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit with a probe thermometer.
- Dig in and enjoy!
Remember not to keep this recipe all to yourself. We’re sure you have a few friends and family that would like you to share!
- The TVBCo Family
With our Cooking with Bison Recipe Book