Vibrant colours. Delicate taste. Here’s another crowd pleasing bison recipe from Chef Whittaker! Vietnamese Carpaccio with Bison Tenderloin.
If you haven’t made Carpaccio before this is a very simple way to get hooked. Note - this simple meal idea can easily be transformed into a beef recipe!
Ingredients (Serves 4):
1 pound Bison Tenderloin
1 bunch cilantro roughly chopped
4 shallots peeled and sliced thin
1 cup grapeseed oil
¼ cup light soy sauce
¾ cup dark soy sauce
2 tbsp Worcestershire
1 tbsp fish sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp Sambal Oelek
2 cloves crushed garlic
¾ cup roasted, crushed hazelnut
- Bring grapeseed oil up to 300 degrees in a medium size pot.
- Carefully add sliced shallots. Continually stir until lightly golden brown.
- Shut oil off from heat and with a slotted spoon remove shallots from oil and place on paper towel lined tray. Set aside.
- Place soy sauces, Worcestershire, fish sauce, sugar, Sambal and crushed garlic in medium sauce pan and over medium high heat, bring to boil and set aside to cool completely. You may keep in fridge until ready to garnish the bison.
- With a meat mallet or heavy bottom pan, lay raw bison tenderloin one piece at a time between two heavy duty freezer bags and pound until less than ¼ inch thick.
- Place on 4 dinner plates and garnish each generously with the sauce, chopped cilantro, fried shallots and hazelnuts.
After the hard work you put into creating this masterpiece be sure to share it with us at TurtleValleyBison on Instagram and Facebook!
Thanks for letting us have a place at your dinner table.
- The TVBCo Family
With our Cooking with Bison Recipe Book